AMICAL Consortium Director
After receiving his BA in Physics from Reed College, Jeff Gima began his work with libraries as a Peace Corps volunteer, building a school library in rural Zimbabwe. Jeff received his MS in Library and Information Science from the University of Illinois, and has worked in academic, public and school libraries. Currently based at the American University of Paris, he is director of the AMICAL Consortium, through which he facilitates collaboration between librarians, technologists and faculty at 25 American-modeled colleges and universities located across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Central and Southern Asia.
He also plays guitar and mbira and wonders why congolese rumba only partially succeeded in taking over the world.
Interests: higher education consortia, library cooperation, digital humanities
- Representative (American University of Paris)
- Coordinating (Ex-officio)
- Maximizing the value of OCLC membership: Effective use of specific RESPOND services at AMICAL libraries
- AMICAL 2017 · May 17–20, 2017
- AMICAL 2016 · May 12–14, 2016
- Digital Pedagogy Lab Cairo: An AMICAL Institute · Mar 20–22, 2016
- Evidence-based planning & decision-making in academic libraries · Jan 22–23, 2016
- AMICAL 2015 · Apr 27 – May 30, 2015
- Small Grants – June 2017 update
- AMICAL 2017 Registration is open!
- Travel support & other financial assistance to attend AMICAL 2017
- Funded workshops on library assessment, digital humanities and information literacy
- How to propose a funded — or free — AMICAL event
- Small Grants - September 2016 update
- AMICAL 2017 at the American College of Thessaloniki
- The AMICAL 2016 program: the library, the digital, and the human
- Can I get financial support to attend AMICAL 2016?
- Starting a conversation about first year experience programs at AMICAL institutions
- Make AMICAL 2016 amazing. Contribute to the program.
- Just launched: AMICAL 2016 website and Call for Proposals
- Digital Pedagogy Lab Cairo: An AMICAL Institute
- Workshop on “Evidence-based planning & decision-making in academic libraries”
- AMICAL 2016 at The American University of Rome
- Governance documents & Coordinating Committee elections
- New website
- Conference attendees: You have mail
- Welcome to the AMICAL 2015 blog