The voting officers of the Coordinating Committee consist of four elected members and the consortium’s Director.
Standing Committee chairs (non-voting)
The chairs of AMICAL’s Standing Committees constitute the non-voting members of the Coordinating Committee.
Committee member responsibilities
Practically speaking, the work of Coordinating Committee members often includes:
- organization and documentation of periodic meetings, discussions and decisions
- assisting AMICAL Administration with the development of policies for grant-supported programs (types and distribution of funding for the annual conference, criteria for vetting applications, etc.)
- reviewing applications for our competitive grant-funded programs (Small Grants, Workshop Grants, etc.)
- gathering ideas for, and feedback on, new grant development
- developing or clarifying long-term member-funded goals
- reviewing and acting on applications for membership in the consortium
- reviewing, and deciding on appropriate actions for, short to medium-term (not more than 2-year level) strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for the consortium
- participating in temporary, ad hoc committees relevant to their expertise to accomplish specific short-term projects