The Coordinating Committee is charged with financial and operational oversight, approving policies and directions for the consortium’s activities.
The guiding principles for this work come from:
- AMICAL’s mission
- our grant-funded goals (outlined for the current period in this blog post)
- other long-term goals that the Coordinating Committee or Members Council have identified
The voting officers of the Coordinating Committee consist of four elected members and the consortium's Director.
Standing Committee Chairs and Interest Group Conveners (non-voting)
The chairs of AMICAL's Standing Committees and Interest Group Conveners constitute the non-voting members of the Coordinating Committee.
Committee member responsibilities
Practically speaking, the work of Coordinating Committee members often includes:
- organization and documentation of periodic meetings, discussions and decisions
- assisting AMICAL staff with the development of policies for grant-supported programs (types and distribution of funding for the annual conference, criteria for vetting applications, etc.)
- reviewing applications for our competitive grant-funded programs (Small Grants, Workshop Grants, etc.)
- gathering ideas for, and feedback on, new grant development
- developing or clarifying long-term member-funded goals
- reviewing and acting on applications for membership in the consortium
- reviewing, and deciding on appropriate actions for opportunities and challenges for the consortium (especially at the near-medium term: coming year up to two years out)
- participating in temporary, ad hoc committees relevant to their expertise to accomplish specific short-term projects