Goals of this event
TALIX aims to connect AMICAL colleagues
and help them grow ideas for projects related to innovation in teaching
and learning. This connector and incubator function is important within a
consortium such as AMICAL where liberal arts values and innovation
serve as the cornerstone of teaching and learning initiatives.
More specifically, the event has the following goals:
- Spark members’ work on projects that collaboratively build local
resources and capacities for innovative and effective teaching
- the creation or improvement of local centers for teaching and learning
- new faculty development or instructional technology initiatives
- preparatory work for future course-integrated collaborative digital projects
- digital pedagogy in librarians’ information literacy work
- Using the American University in Cairo’s highly successful Center
for Learning & Teaching as the backdrop, create an intentional space
for AMICAL participants to seek partnerships and resources, discuss
common challenges and develop collaborative projects that require some
face-to-face time for discussion and incubation on site.
- Facilitate professional networks that can be sustained virtually and strengthened at AMICAL’s annual conferences.