Financial support for AMICAL members is being managed by the institute organizers at AUC, based on the guidelines below. No funding requests should be sent to AMICAL, via the Small Grants program or otherwise.
Faculty, faculty developers, instructional designers/technologists and librarians from AMICAL Full and Affiliate member institutions may apply for funding. Approximately 16 AMICAL participants (outside of AUC) will be eligible for AMICAL funding as follows:
- Institute registration fee waiver
- Travel expenses: up to, but not exceeding 400 USD (economy airfare)
- On-campus faculty housing accommodation for the nights of February 24th-27th (these are apartments where you would have your own room, but share the apartment with others
- Ground travel to and from local AUC accommodation
- Most meals during the event
There will also be space for around 10 self-funded AMICAL participants whose registration will be waived. Onsite meals will be covered. We encourage participants with access to institutional funds to apply for local institutional support. Priority will be given to teams of 2 or more where at least 1 member is self-funded. Self-funded participants may explore options on Airbnb and Helnan Landmark Hotel for reasonable accommodation in the area.
Those who participate fully in the 3-day event will receive a certificate of completion of the institute.
To receive up to 400 USD in reimbursement for your roundtrip airfare to Cairo you will need to prepare the following and submit before the funding deadline on January 20th, 2018:
- E-ticket with full name and price paid by applicant
- Screenshot of conversion rate on date of purchase (if ticket purchased in currency other than USD)
- Copy of passport
Upon arrival in Cairo:
- Original boarding pass or print out of electronic boarding pass.