How to apply
Since this cohort is more than simply a collection of individuals seeking training independently, the application form is just one part of the process of applying. This checklist covers the key steps for applicants:
- Read carefully Who should apply, Expectations of participants, and the application criteria.
- Define your project and team: clarify your project and the core people needed to drive it forward, make sure they fit the profiles discussed under Who should apply, make sure that all team members agree to the Expectations of participants, and select a team coordinator for communicating with AMICAL about your participation.
- Notify your institution’s AMICAL representative that you are preparing your application. They can help you to frame your application successfully in terms of AMICAL’s goals and the cohort guidelines, or put you in touch with relevant AMICAL colleagues for feedback. They’ll also let you know if there are more than four individuals involved in applications from your institution (only four individuals in total can be endorsed by your provost/dean as part of applications coming from your institution).
- Discuss your team and project with your provost/dean, so they’re aware that you’ll be requesting endorsement of your application.
- Review the DHI-B workshop offerings and the Cohort-focused elements of DHI-B to identify specific workshops that are most relevant to your project. If accepted for the cohort, you will be invited to register for DHI-B, selecting a short workshop for Friday, and a long workshop running over Saturday and Sunday.
- Preview the application form and prepare your responses (if you have any questions about this initiative or the application process, don’t hesitate to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Send your application to your provost (or the academic dean most relevant to your group and project) for their review and endorsement. They may only endorse applications for a total of at most three individuals per institution.
- Your provost/dean should send the team’s application to email@example.com by midnight 3 March (deadline for teams; deadline for individuals will be posted later if space is available).
- If accepted for the cohort, you may then register for DHI-B. Note that if you are not accepted for the cohort, you are welcome to register on your own, but you or your institution will need to cover all of your costs for attending the event.