Goals of this program
This DHI-B cohort program contributes to AMICAL’s Mellon grant-funded efforts to raise its faculty and staff capacities for localized digital liberal arts education.
For the cohort teams, the program aims to help them:
- Develop or enhance skills with digital scholarship and pedagogy, digital project management, etc. that relate directly to local needs
- Develop, expand or improve plans for digital scholarship programs/initiatives/support at the team’s institution
- Continue building AMICAL’s consortial community of DH practice, including faculty, faculty developers, librarians, archivists, and instructional designers and technologists
- Begin building a network of DH facilitators and initiators at member institutions
- Make connections with non-AMICAL peers for exchanging ideas/advice in the future
- Build recognition of, and support for, local digital scholarship initiatives on the part of local academic leadership
At the organizational level, the program also aims to help AMICAL to develop sustainable consortial models for supporting the digital liberal arts.