If you need help and have access to the internet, you can use:
Organizers and volunteers will be wearing white lanyards. You can reach out to the following people for help:
- General questions (Questions related to local event organization, scheduling, facilities, etc.):
- Information desk at AUI at Building 4 (staffed by AUI students)
- Ekaterina Kombarova (AMICAL 2023 Lead Volunteer)
- Presentation setup and IT issues: AUI IT staff and volunteers for help with presentation setup or other technical issues. There will be an AMICAL Support Liaison volunteer at each session who can also request for help.
- Program issues: Jeff Gima & Alex Armstrong (AMICAL staff)
Wi-Fi is readily available throughout the Conference venues. There is an open network (“AUI Guest”) at the Al Akhawayn Conference Center (ACC) and at the AUI campus that attendees will be able to connect to without a password.
Printing is available on request for small quantities (1-3 pages). At the ACC, ask at the front desk. For printing on campus, please ask at the Information Desk in Building 4.
If you would like to organize an ad hoc meeting with peers, there are plenty of spaces you can use:
At the ACC:
- Dining room (during breakfasts)
- Lounge area (anytime)
- Central hall “Atrium” (outside of sessions scheduled there)
- Small workshop classrooms (if not being used for scheduled sessions)
On the AUI campus:
- Active Learning Spaces (rooms for 2-5 people in M6 Library, first floor)
- QAR Meeting Room (up to 11 people, in M6L Library, first floor)
- Hallway of Building 4 (beside the auditorium)
- M6L Café Area (entryway to the M6 Library on your way to CEIs)
When you get to AUI, just ask any of the event organizers (with badges on a white lanyard) about where to find these locations.
Whenever possible, try to meet up outside of scheduled sessions.