Register for the Conference
In your registration form you must indicate which dates you will be attending the event. Register for Friday only if you plan to apply to one of the pre-conference workshops on that day.
The application for pre-conference workshops is separate from conference registration and is competitive. For this reason, do not book flights until you have been accepted (not just applied) to a workshop. If you are not accepted into, your registration and any financial support for the pre-conference day will be invalid. You will be responsible for changing your hotel reservation.
AMICAL members and invited speakers: you should also book your hotel through the registration form. If you’re eligible for hotel support, remember that this covers only the hotel nights surrounding your event participation (arrival the day before your first day of participation, departure the day after your last day of participation). See Financial support for details.
There are two types of workshops on offer at AMICAL 2019:
- Application-based: 2 one-day pre-conference workshops will take place on Friday 29 March, a day before the main conference. You must apply to participate. If your application is accepted after review by the instructors and organizers, you will be enrolled. The application deadline has been extended to February 10.
- You should not register for the conference itself until you hear back about your workshop application. You will receive a response by February 14, which will include a link allowing to register for the Conference until February 17.
- If you have already registered for Conference, you can submit a new registration form if you are accepted for a pre-conference workshop, with your updated days of attendance and hotel booking. We will cancel your earlier registration and only take into account the second one.
- Financial support is available for conference attendees who have been accepted to the pre-conference workshops.
- First come, first served: 9 mini-workshops will be held during the main conference days, including two by an invited facilitator. Enrollment is on a first come, first served basis. The deadline for enrollment is February 10.
Read the workshop descriptions carefully – you will find links on the appropriate forms. Note that you won’t be able to attend other sessions listed for the same time in the schedule.
Questions about registration
Who should attend?
This event is open to AMICAL members and individuals invited by the organizers.
We encourage the staff and faculty of AMICAL institutions to attend if they are interested in the Conference theme or, more broadly, AMICAL’s mission of working together on libraries, technology and learning.
Attendees include a broad cross-section of doers from member institutions, including: librarians (especially library directors and teaching librarians), faculty developers, disciplinary faculty, program chairs and coordinators, instructional technologists and designers, IT directors, and academic leadership.
The program overview, schedule of sessions and speaker list give you an idea of topics that will be addressed and some of the colleagues you’ll be able to interact with at this year’s conference.
What forms of financial support are available?
Thanks to support from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and the host institution, AMICAL offers several kinds of financial support for attendees from AMICAL member institutions.
Won’t be able to attend in person?
Plan to join us online! The keynotes, as well as other sessions, will be livestreamed. We’ll announce details about how to participate online closer to the event.
Not an AMICAL member?
A limited number of guest attendees can be accommodated, by invitation. If you have not been invited to register, contact us
first, indicating how AMICAL and its mission relate to you and your institution.