Development of the workshop idea
Events may be developed and proposed
Individuals with ideas for a workshop should reach out to one of the above groups (e.g. the standing committee most closely related to the event topic) to see if there is interest in carrying the proposal forward. As a grant-funded program, priority will be given to the strategic priorities listed below under “Participants & topics,” and our expectation is that AMICAL’s committees will take advantage of this funding to advance professional development and projects in such areas.
Managing the workshop as an AMICAL event: the Workshop Coordinator
A single person, referred to here as the Workshop Coordinator, takes global responsibility for the workshop’s planning, delivery, reporting and financial management. This person is responsible for the following:
- Communications and coordination with AMICAL Administration
- Submitting the workshop proposal and following up as necessary with the Grant Review Committee
- Ensuring the effective planning and delivery of the workshop (the workshop content planning and delivery are normally done by the workshop instructors, but the Workshop Coordinator ensures that these things happen in a timely and effective way)
- Budgeting and accounting for the use of awarded funds
- Reporting on the activity after completion
These responsibilities may be shared across a team, but the Workshop Coordinator is responsible for the team’s work.