The Workshop Grants program is not currently open for new proposals. We’ll be revising the guidelines and then reopening the program soon under the framework of our 2018-2021 grant from the Mellon Foundation. An announcement will be made on AMICAL Connect when the program reopens and new proposals may be submitted.
Who may propose a grant?
Events may be developed and proposed
- by AMICAL Administration
- by the Coordinating Committee
- by a standing committee
- by individual AMICAL colleagues, through the committee most closely related to the event topic (the proposal should be endorsed by the head of one of the bodies listed above)
A single person, referred to here as the grant coordinator, should be considered the grant’s PI (principal investigator), taking global responsibility for the grant. This person is responsible for the following:
- Communications and coordination with AMICAL Administration
- Submitting the grant proposal and following up as necessary with the Review Committee
- Ensuring execution of the activity as planned
- Accounting for the use of awarded funds
- Reporting on the activity after completion