This discussion is for AMICAL participants who are interested in digital literacies. Participants will have had the opportunity to experience the Glass Room Community Edition exhibit and/or the Data Detox Kit during this conference. Those experiences build awareness, and this discussion will engage participants in critical conversations around their experience with the Glass Room Exhibit and how participants can go back to their institutions and replicate or adapt them to promote online safety and responsible integration of digital literacies. Participants will be encouraged to set up an action plan going forward and report back on lessons learned.
* 35 min Reflection on the exhibition
* 25 min Proposed adaptation of exhibition in institutional context, challenges and opportunities
* 5 min recap, and takeaways
To prepare for this discussion, participants should write down:
* two ways they integrate digital literacies at their institutions,
* two ways they engage with data on a daily basis.
* questions/concerns about data, or responsible usage of technology today in education