American University of Beirut
I am an Instructional Designer and a consultant with more than 10 years of experience. As a passionate advocate for the planning and implementation of e-learning strategies in Higher Education institutions, I have been involved in developing instructional strategies for engaging Web-enhanced, Blended and Online courses / modules that aim to optimize the learner experience .
I am also a faculty developer and a researcher, dedicated to develop professional development programs and to explore teaching methodologies and effective practices for exemplary course design.
I completed a BS in Computer Science and a teaching Diploma in Educational Technology from the American University of Beirut. I then received my Master’s degree in Distance Education, with emphasis on E-learning, from the University of Maryland University College. I recently received a diploma from the Institute for Emerging Leadership in Online Learning. Since 2005, I have been fully involved in researching teaching methodologies and effective practices for exemplary course design. I see Instructional Design an ultimate means to seek excellence in learning.
Interests: Quality Assurance, E-learning Strategies, Professional Development, Blended Learning, Online Learning, Digital Humanities, Open Learning
- Content ownership in the digital age
- Adaptive Learning: A tool that empowers personalized learning
- Digital humanities project-based faculty learning communities: From the local to the consortial
- Digital humanities in practice: Principles, tools and processes
- Articulate Storyline: Reshaping guides, tutorials and the way you present content
- Learning on the GO!
- Assessing the quality of online courses
- Technology in Team Based Learning (TBL)
- DHI-B: Digital Humanities Institute – Beirut 2017 · Mar 10–12, 2017
- AMICAL 2016 · May 12–14, 2016
- AMICAL 2015 · Apr 27 – May 30, 2015
- AMICAL 2014 · May 14–17, 2014
- AMICAL 2013 · Jun 12–15, 2013