Digital Learning Manager
American University of Beirut
E-learning professional leader with more than 15 years of experience working in Higher Education. Played leadership roles in the development and implementation of the institutional E-learning strategic plan, in the development of Blended and Online Programs, and in managing relationships with E-learning strategic partners.
In-depth knowledge of interactive instructional design, technology and instructional systems for developing strategies and approaches that enhance teaching practices. Collaborates with educators to align learning outcomes, instructional activities and assessment methods. An expert at bridging academic pedagogy with online delivery formats.
I am also a faculty developer and a researcher, dedicated to develop professional development programs and to explore teaching methodologies and effective practices for exemplary course design.
I completed a BS in Computer Science and a teaching Diploma in Educational Technology from the American University of Beirut. I then received my Master’s degree in Distance Education, with emphasis on E-learning, from the University of Maryland University College. I recently received a diploma from the Institute for Emerging Leadership in Online Learning. Since 2005, I have been fully involved in researching teaching methodologies and effective practices for exemplary course design. I see Instructional Design an ultimate means to seek excellence in learning.
Interests: Quality Assurance, E-learning Strategies, Professional Development, Blended Learning, Online Learning, Digital Humanities, Open Learning
- Content ownership in the digital age
- Adaptive Learning: A tool that empowers personalized learning
- Digital humanities project-based faculty learning communities: From the local to the consortial
- Digital humanities in practice: Principles, tools and processes
- Articulate Storyline: Reshaping guides, tutorials and the way you present content
- Learning on the GO!
- Assessing the quality of online courses
- Technology in Team Based Learning (TBL)
- AMICAL 2021 · Jun 21–24, 2021
- AMICAL 2019 · Mar 29 – Apr 1, 2019
- DHI-B: Digital Humanities Institute – Beirut 2017 · Mar 10–12, 2017
- AMICAL 2016 · May 12–14, 2016
- AMICAL 2015 · Apr 27 – May 30, 2015
- AMICAL 2014 · May 14–17, 2014
- AMICAL 2013 · Jun 12–15, 2013
- Day Recap: Wednesday, May 27 · 27 May 2015