Senior Instructional Designer at The Center for Learning and Teaching (CLT)
American University in Cairo
Being an instructional designer is one of the ways I fulfill my passion of developing learning experiences that are transformative, engaging, exciting and meaningful. This involves me working in areas like online learning, blended learning, digital pedagogy, educational technology, learner experience design, faculty development and a little graphic design.
My thesis for my Masters in Educational Leadership involved extensive quantitative, with a little qualitative, research about engagement in online learning, adult learner motivation and learning analytics. I like to read, write, and research about all those things.
The thing I love about AMICAL is collaborating with others in and around these areas. So if you’re interested to talk, collaborate, work on such projects, I’d be happy to hear from you =)
Interests: Online learning, blended learning, digital pedagogy, educational technology, instructional design, faculty professional development, open access, open educational resources, open educational practices, user experience design
- Digital literacies across AMICAL: Toward shared visions, frameworks and strategies
- Virtually Connecting with Gina Siesing & John Traxler
- E-portfolios in an EFL context: Technical and pedagogical implications
- Virtually Connecting with Jim Groom, Maha Bali & Nadine Aboulmagd
- AMICAL 2018 · May 4–7, 2018
- AMICAL 2017 · May 17–20, 2017
- DHI-B: Digital Humanities Institute – Beirut 2017 · Mar 10–12, 2017
- AMICAL 2016 · May 12–14, 2016
- Digital Pedagogy Lab Cairo: An AMICAL Institute · Mar 20–22, 2016