Director of Libraries
American College of Thessaloniki
I am currently the Director of Libraries and Archives at Anatolia College, Thessaloniki, Greece. I have good experience in leading library services, budgets and finances including 6 years of holding a senior position in a high ranked UK University Library. I look after three libraries the Elementary Library, the Eleftheriades Library (High School and IB) and also Bissell Library (American College of Thessaloniki) as well as the Historical Archives of Anatolia. I hold an MSc Econ in Information and Library Studies from the University of Wales. I also hold a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and a teaching qualification (TEFL). I am a Chartered librarian (MCLIP, Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals, CILIP, UK). I am a member and mentor of CILIP. I am a reviewer for the Journal of Information Literacy. I have experience as an active member of two UK Academic Libraries groups’ committees. I am a PhD candidate of the University of Sheffield and my subject is Information literacy perceptions and needs. I have worked in Education in various positions for the last 27 years, have long career in teaching and an interest in learning.
Interests: I am very interested in Library Advocacy, Library leadership, Information Literacy, Innovation in Libraries, Professional development of Librarians, Spaces, Writing Centers, Archives and Partnerships in Academia.
- Representative (American College of Thessaloniki)
- Revamping Bissell Library: Refurbishing spaces to satisfy students’ needs
- Bissell Library in the digital humanities era
- AMICAL cohort to DHSI 2018 · Jun 4–15, 2018
- AMICAL 2018 · May 4–7, 2018
- AMICAL 2017 · May 17–20, 2017
- DHI-B: Digital Humanities Institute – Beirut 2017 · Mar 10–12, 2017
- Assessing and communicating library contributions to institutional priorities · Jan 26–27, 2017
- AMICAL 2016 · May 12–14, 2016
- Evidence-based planning & decision-making in academic libraries · Jan 22–23, 2016