American University of Kuwait
Asma Al-Kanan is the Library Director at the American University of Kuwait (AUK). She has been involved with libraries for more than ten years. Asma holds a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from Kuwait University. She published about “Outreach Services in Academic Libraries”. In 2005, she established and lead the first blog for library and information professionals in Kuwait, the LIS Café, which was the only real discussion group on libraries.
Interests: Assessment, Information Literacy, Library Management and Administration
- Assessment and communication: Measuring library impact aligned with institutional goals
- Workshop on using data for benchmarking
- Assessing and communicating library contributions to institutional priorities · Jan 26–27, 2017
- AMICAL 2016 · May 12–14, 2016
- AMICAL 2015 · Apr 27 – May 30, 2015