American University of Kuwait
Asma Al-Kanan is the Library Director at the American University of Kuwait (AUK). She has been involved with libraries for more than ten years. Asma holds a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from Kuwait University. She published about “Outreach Services in Academic Libraries”. In 2005, she established and lead the first blog for library and information professionals in Kuwait, the LIS Café, which was the only real discussion group on libraries.
Interests: Assessment, Information Literacy, Library Management and Administration
- Representative (American University of Kuwait)
- Assessment and communication: Measuring library impact aligned with institutional goals
- Participating in the ECAR 2013 student study: Findings
- Utilizing social media to increase student involvement with the library: The case of using instagram at AUK library
- Workshop on using data for benchmarking