Tools & methods for understanding AMICAL’s library communities with Ithaka S+R
Roger Schonfeld will talk about Ithaka’s faculty and now student surveys of library expectations, and how they might be adapted for AMICAL institutions; Nancy Foster will talk about ethnographic methods for studying library communities and how we might expand upon previous work in this area among AMICAL institutions. Together they will address how these methods complement each other to develop a clearer understanding of our library communities, providing a sound basis for strategic planning that supports our institutional missions.
- Roger Schonfeld, Program Director for Libraries, Users, and Scholarly Practices, Ithaka S+R
- Nancy Fried Foster, Senior Anthropologist, Ithaka S+R
WHEN: Thursday, 13 March 2014, 7:30-9:00am US eastern time (see local time conversion)
How to attend this webinar:
- Test your system: As far in advance as possible, run the Adobe Connect Connection Test to check that your system is set up adequately for participating in the webinar.
- Hardware requirements: You will need a computer with stable internet connectivity, along with headphones or speakers. You may be able to use a microphone for questions if the host enables this, but in any case you will be able to send questions to the speaker by typing into the chat or Q&A box. You will not need a webcam.
- Go to the meeting page: 5-10 minutes before the meeting start time, go to the meeting link:
- Enter as Guest, with full name and institution: AMICAL is a community of people trying to help, and learn from, each other. We’d like to encourage these personal connections and sense of community by having everyone enter their first and last names as well as their institution (e.g. AU Kuwait or AU Rome).
PROBLEMS CONNECTING TO THE WEBINAR?
Post a message to the chat on AMICALconnect (Main Room), or send an email to email@example.com .
This webinar will be recorded and made available publicly on the web.
Click here for webinar instructions that you can share with AMICAL colleagues not on AMICALconnect.