The high cost and lack of availability of commercial print textbooks is a major concern to both students and their parents. To address these concerns, the Provost’s Office and the University Libraries of the University of Massachusetts Amherst launched the Open Education Initiative in the Spring of 2011, having saved over $750,000 to date. This model has an implementation strategy that is easy for others to adopt.
- Jay Schafer (Director of Libraries, UMass Amherst)
- Marilyn Billings (Scholarly Communication & Special Initiatives Librarian, UMass Amherst)
For full bios and links to related resources, see the event announcement.
WHEN: Tuesday, 11 February 2014, 9:00am-10:00am US eastern time (see local time conversion)
How to attend this webinar:
- Test your system: As far in advance as possible, run the Adobe Connect Connection Test to check that your system is set up adequately for participating in the webinar.
- Hardware requirements: You will need a computer with stable internet connectivity, along with headphones or speakers. You may be able to use a microphone for questions if the host enables this, but in any case you will be able to send questions to the speaker by typing into the chat or Q&A box. You will not need a webcam.
- Go to the meeting page: 5-10 minutes before the meeting start time, go to the meeting link:
- Enter as Guest, with full name and institution: AMICAL is a community of people trying to help, and learn from, each other. We’d like to encourage these personal connections and sense of community by having everyone enter their first and last names as well as their institution (e.g. AU Kuwait or AU Rome).
PROBLEMS CONNECTING TO THE WEBINAR?
Post a message to the chat on AMICALconnect (Main Room), or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
This webinar will be recorded and made available publicly on the web.