Faced with the new and continuing challenges of another stage in the COVID-19 pandemic, AMICAL’s international liberal arts institutions have much to gain by facing these challenges together. AMICAL’s Mid-Year Forum provides just that opportunity, bringing colleagues from member institutions together for a two-day virtual forum on current challenges and their impact on teaching, technology and libraries.
The Forum will take place 13–14 January, from approximately 10:00 to 13:30 Paris time each day, with a social hour tentatively scheduled for 16:00 on the first day.
About the Forum
Join other colleagues from international liberal arts institutions for a mix of program and social sessions:
- Program sessions led by AMICAL peers will provide a structured environment to guide attendees through reflection on experiences from the fall semester, discussion of challenges, sharing of good practices, and preparing for the semester and year ahead.
- Informal social sessions, and dedicated channels in our consortial forum and Slack workspace, will allow attendees to connect with each other between sessions and after the Forum is over. Participating in AMICAL’s network is one of the key benefits of participating in our events.
All sessions will be informal, interactive, and participatory using small group or workshop-style formats. For this reason, they will not be recorded. If you wish to attend, you must plan to do so live!
Who should attend and how to register
All faculty and staff from AMICAL member institutions are welcome to attend, and registration is free.
The program caters specifically to the following groups:
- instructors of any discipline (especially those interested in online teaching or collaboration with technologists or librarians)
- instructional librarians
- faculty developers and directors of centers for teaching and learning
- instructional designers and technologists
- library directors
We encourage you to review the program and to register for the event.
If you need help attending this event, send an email to email@example.com