All AMICAL institutions that participate in the OCLC RESPOND program are eligible to offer their users access to WorldCat via the FirstSearch interface. Some AMICAL libraries have also implemented WorldCat Local as their full resource discovery solution. WorldCat Discovery Services replaces both FirstSearch and WorldCat Local with a fresh new user experience for searching your library’s collections in combination with WorldCat. Attendees will be introduced to WorldCat Discovery Services and guided through configuring their site in readiness for offering it to their user communities.
This workshop will introduce WorldCat Discovery Services, an integrated suite of cloud-based applications that enables users to discover more than 1.8 billion electronic, digital and physical resources in your library and libraries around the world through access to WorldCat and a central index that represents more than 2,000 e-content collections from providers such as Gale, ProQuest, Elsevier, Springer and others.
- Services included in the AMICAL-OCLC RESPOND program
- The transition from FirstSearch and WorldCat Local to WorldCat Discovery Services
- WorldCat Discovery Services demonstration
- Configuring your instance of WorldCat Discovery Services
- Customize your user interface options
- Configure licensed content and databases
- Customize your ILL Request button
- Configure links to your library’s online catalog
- Activate e-resource collections in your WorldCat knowledge base profile
- Enable links to full text