Reference and Instruction Librarian
American University of Sharjah
I am graduate of the School of Library and Information Science at Indiana University - Bloomington, Indiana, USA. My library career started at the American University of Sharjah where I have held the position of Information Literacy Librarian. Currently, I am the Reference and Instruction Librarian at AUS.
For the last few years, I have enjoyed working as a member of the AMICAL Information Literacy Committee.
Interests: Information Literacy and Assessment, Reference, Outreach Support, Staff Development, Library Marketing, Universal Design for Learning
- Creating learning experiences: Reimagining IL instruction for Fall 2021
- Destination help desk: What students want – Exploring students’ preferences for research support
- Worlds colliding: A library help desk consolidation project
- Shared visions: The makings of a successful faculty liaison program in the digital age
- Clarifying the value of writing center partnerships with libraries and learning centers: Models and lessons learned
- What’s next on the IL Horizon? iTHINK iCAN WeLEARN
- Unique benefits & challenges of information literacy at AMICAL’s institutions
- The X-CLASS factor: Using classroom management technology to enhance the library class experience