Aziz El Hassani
Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane
Aziz El Hassani is a lecturer in the English Language Center of Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane (AUI). He received his doctorate degree (‘cum laude’) in 2020, with much of his research focusing on the role that information and digital literacy skills play in higher education and students’ success, using ACRL’s Framework threshold concepts as a guide. He is a certified digital instructor through the Online Learning Consortium (OLC) and Quality Matters (QM). Aziz has extensive experience integrating information digital/literacy skills, ACRL information literacy competency standards, and technology into the learning experiences of students. He enjoys working collaboratively with others to integrate ACRL frameworks and technology into education and spearhead efforts to enhance students’ learning success and skills—and empower them [students] to be life-long learners.
During the fall semester 2015, Aziz was invited as an International Visiting Scholar (IVS) to Roger Williams University in Rhode Island, USA, where he engaged in observing, consulting, training, and demonstrating special skills through collaboration with RWU’ library and Feinstein College of Arts and Science Faculty and staff; and played a role in other related events sponsored by the Spiegle Center For Global and International Programs during his stay at Roger Williams University.
In the Spring of 2018, Aziz attended the Harvard Graduate School of Education’s professional learning program Library Leadership in a Digital Age. He has certification from several international professional organizations and institutions, including Library Juice Academy, Soliya Connect Program, Global Liberal Arts Alliance (GLCA), Online Learning Consortium (OLC).
El Hassani, A. (2015). The Role of Information Literacy in Higher Education: An Initiative at Al Akhawayn University in Morocco. Journal of Information Literacy, 7, 32–37. https://doi.org/10.15845/noril.v7i1.229
El Hassani, A. (2020). Embedding Information Literacy into a Humanities Course Using the ACRL Framework as a Guide A Faculty-Librarian Collaboration Model Background and Context of this Study (pp. 33–42).
Love, P., & El Hassani, A. (2020). Revising the Syllabus Integrating Information Literacy into a General Education History Course at Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco (pp. 37–43). https://www.alastore.ala.org/content/faculty-librarian-collaborations-integrating-information- literacy-framework-disciplinary-0
El Hassani, A. (2020). Integrating Information Literacy in Higher Education_ A case study of Faculty-Librarian Collaboration at Al Akhawayn University [Doctoral Dissertation, Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University(USMBA)]. https://bit.ly/3y71wW8
Personal pronouns: He
Interests: Digital Literacy, Information Literacy, Higher Education, Digital Literacy, English Language Teaching, ACRL Framework
- Integrating digital projects in the classroom: Presentations of projects at Franklin University Switzerland and Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane
- A faculty-librarian collaboration to integrate information literacy into a taught disciplinary humanities course at Al Akhawayn University
- Enhancing faculty-librarian collaboration: The Al Akhawayn University model
- Faculty-librarian partnership: A collaborative initiative at AUI
- AMICAL 2020 · Jan 15, 2020–18, 2019
- AMICAL 2019 · Mar 29 – Apr 1, 2019
- AMICAL 2018 · May 4–7, 2018
- AMICAL 2017 · May 17–20, 2017
- Co-design: Integrating information literacy into your disciplinary course · Mar 31 – Apr 1, 2017
- AMICAL 2016 · May 12–14, 2016
- AMICAL 2015 · Apr 27 – May 30, 2015
- Engage students in creative multimedia content production · Mar 21–22, 2014
- AMICAL 2013 · Jun 12–15, 2013
- AMICAL 2011 · Apr 27, 2011