For the second year, AMICAL is organizing an online Mid-Year Forum for its members. The event will take place 9–10 February 2022 and is open to all faculty and staff from AMICAL member institutions. There is no registration fee — event costs will be covered by AMICAL.
The purpose of the Forum is to connect members with each other, and with the consortium’s committees and interest groups, to work on issues relating to libraries, technology and pedagogy.
In particular, the Forum will:
- Provide opportunities for members to reflect on their work, to share lessons learned and to problem-solve with their peers.
- Address timely member needs, such as planning for upcoming semesters or projects.
- Encourage connections among AMICAL members, and between members and the consortium’s committees/interest groups.
Most sessions will use a mix of informal presentations and participatory interactions, encouraging all attendees to be both learners and contributors.
The Forum welcomes all members, but will be of particular relevance to:
- instructors of any discipline – especially those interested in open education resources and practices, digital methods and tools, or collaboration with technologists or librarians
- instructional librarians
- faculty developers and directors of centers for teaching and learning
- instructional designers and technologists
- library directors
We encourage you to review the program and to register for the event.