Table of contents
Determine if you need a visa
Consult the Visa regulations documents to find out whether you will need a visa to enter the Kyrgyz Republic:
- Visa regulations for foreign citizens visiting the Kyrgyz Republic
- Visa and visa-free regimes for CIS countries, in Russian
Note that 44 countries, including most EU countries and the USA, have a visa-free/exemption regime with the Kyrgyz Republic that allows citizens of those countries to enter the country for a period of up to 60 days without applying for a visa:
- A visa-free regime is applied for the following countries:
Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Vietnam, Cuba, Laos, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Turkey, Ukraine, Mongolia, Uzbekistan.
- Citizens of the countries listed below intending to visit Kyrgyzstan for duration up to 60 days* are exempt from the visa:
Australia, Austrian Republic, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Germany, Greece, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Ireland, Island, Italy, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal Republic, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, USA, Vatican.
*A visa is required for above-mentioned nationals intending to stay in Kyrgyzstan more than 60 days.
How to request a visa
If you need a visa to enter Kyrgyz Republic, send an email to email@example.com right away with the following information:
- Full contact information (job title, institutional address, phone, email)
- Your marital status (single/married)
- Attach a scan of your passport (just the pages with photo and identifying info)
- Indicate VISA SUPPORT in the subject line
You should send the above request immediately, once you’ve decided to attend AMICAL 2018. In particular:
- You can send this request before submitting your AMICAL 2018 registration form.
- You must send this request and wait to receive your visa support notification (see below) before purchasing your airfare.
After you send your visa request
Based on your information, AUCA will draft for you an invitation letter, as well as a request for Authorization letter for visa, and send these to the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kyrgyz Republic. Once the affirmative “Visa Support” document is received from the Ministry, AUCA will send you a copy of this. You will then use that “Visa Support” document to obtain your visa upon your arrival at Manas Airport in Bishkek.
The regular Visa fee is 60-70 USD, to be paid when obtaining your visa at Manas Airport. Be sure to bring USD in cash to pay for this.
Please, do not purchase any air tickets before receiving the “Visa Support” document from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kyrgyz Republic!
Other instructions, as well as all scans of documents (invitation letter, Visa support, etc.) will be sent to your email from AUCA at the appropriate moment.