The deadline for this year’s final round of Small Grants applications has now passed, and the program is temporarily closed. We’ll be revising the guidelines and then reopening the program soon under the framework of our 2018-2021 grant from the Mellon Foundation. An announcement will be made on AMICAL Connect when the program reopens and new applications may be submitted.
Final report (for all grants)
Grant recipients must submit a brief report (preferably as a PDF) within two months of the activity’s proposed completion date, covering the following:
- List all individuals or groups (including students, community members, etc.) that either contributed to, or have been impacted by, the funded activity.
- What projected outcomes were realized?
- What projected outcomes were not realized, and why?
- Describe any unexpected outcomes relevant to your activity, the Small Grants program, or AMICAL in general.
- Impact of Small Grant funding
- Describe how the Small Grant funding contributed to the outcomes above.
- Lessons learned
- If you failed to reach a goal set by your application, or met other challenges, what lessons did you learn that might be useful for similar projects or other Small Grant applications?
- What plans do you have for the further dissemination of the results/outcomes of the funded activity?
The report should not exceed 1 page for professional development activities, or 2-3 pages for projects. Reports will be made accessible online to AMICAL members.
You may use the final report template provided as a Google Doc.
Progress reports (for project grants)
For Small Grants categorized as Projects, progress reports must be filed periodically. This requirement is intended to provide AMICAL Admin with a way to monitor the healthy progress of projects, and to facilitate assistance in cases where a project may be facing difficulties.
Progress reports should be in the form of brief emails, timed according to the nature and scale of the project.
Progress report schedule
- Send a 1-paragraph report as each major milestone is accomplished. This should be roughly every 1 to 2 months, but adapted to the project’s timeline and milestones.
- If a progress report has not been filed for three months, a report should be filed even if the next milestone has not been accomplished.
Progress report content
- Indicate whether healthy progress is being made toward stated project goals
- identify any issues that are blocking progress on the project
If problems are reported, AMICAL Admin will try to suggest possible resources or leads for resolving the issues.