The Small Grants program is closed for new applications while we review applications received during the latest cycle and revise the guidelines for the next cycle. When applications reopen in May for the 2 June deadline, we will announce this on AMICAL Connect.
AMICAL’s Small Grants program is funded through the consortium’s 2018-2021 grant from the Mellon Foundation, “Building Leadership and Capacity for Digital Liberal Arts across AMICAL.”
The Small Grants program aims to fund smaller, member-initiated activities that support AMICAL’s mission, in particular in the following priority areas:
- Strengthening innovative & effective leadership among librarians and technologists, in light of their changing and collaborative roles within evolving liberal arts institutions
- Raising the effectiveness of members’ programs for information and digital literacies
- Helping members to develop localized and collaborative forms of digital liberal arts
Small Grants can support initiatives of individual AMICAL colleagues, either from a single member institution or from a small number of member institutions in partnership. Larger initiatives, for example workshops open to colleagues from all AMICAL institutions, should be proposed to the Coordinating Committee as an AMICAL-sponsored event or project, not through the Small Grants program. Small Grants cannot be used to support participation in the AMICAL Conference or other AMICAL-sponsored events, which have their own procedures for requesting support.
There are two sub-programs under which Small Grants can be requested:
- Small Grants for Professional Development (externally organized / staff exchanges / peer training) (open now for applications)
- Small Grants for Projects (expected to open for applications in November 2018)
For more information, see the guidelines below.