Academic Liaison Librarian
American College of Thessaloniki
Stella Asderi has been working at the Bissell Library of the American College of Thessaloniki since 2007. She is the Academic Liaison Librarian for the Business and Technology and Science departments and has been teaching Information Literacy since 2008. Her main responsibilities include the developing, managing and delivering of information literacy, the handling of all ACT e-textbooks, and the development and maintenance of the library’s website and subject guides.
She holds a Bachelor in Library and Information Science, has a TEFL certificate, a Gamification course certificate from University of Pennsylvania, and has attended ACRL Immersion 2010 (Teacher Track) and 2018 Programs.
Interests: Information Literacy, Assessment, Gamification, Library Websites, Library Marketing, Digital libraries.
- Like a phoenix: Delivering a new library website
- Clarifying the value of writing center partnerships with libraries and learning centers: Models and lessons learned
- A collaborative effort: Librarians and composition faculty integrate information literacy into first year writing courses
- “The winner takes it all”: Games and gamification of an information literacy freshman program
- What faculty want: Panel report on AMICAL faculty use of libraries
- AMICAL 2018 · May 4–7, 2018
- AMICAL 2017 · May 17–20, 2017
- AMICAL 2015 · Apr 27 – May 30, 2015
- AMICAL 2014 · May 14–17, 2014
- AMICAL 2013 · Jun 12–15, 2013
- AMICAL Workshop: Faculty and the Library · Jan 3–4, 2013
- AMICAL 2012 · Apr 4–7, 2012
- AMICAL 2011 · Apr 27, 2011
- AMICAL 2010 · Jun 9–12, 2010
- ACT CONSER-SCCTP Cataloging Workshop ·