Senior Library Archives Manager
Lebanese American University
- Responsible for implementing the LAU Institutional Repository (LAUR).
- Interpreting copyright policies and other related issues applicable to materials published online (internet and Open Access) or in print.
- Teaching Information related courses at the Lebanese University, Faculty of information and Documentation, Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2012- present: Library Archives Manager
- 2006-20012 : ILL/DDS Librarian, Beirut Library, LAU.
- 2008-present: Part-time instructor at the Lebanese University
- 2000‐2008: Instructor, “Learning Resources Techniques” course, LAU, Beirut.
- 1995‐2006: Serials and ILL/DDS Librarian, Beirut Library, LAU.
- 1994‐1995: Reference librarian, Beirut Library, LAU.
- 1991‐1993: Archives Manager, “NEW TV” television station, Beirut.
- 1990‐1993: Archives Manager, “SAWT EL CHAAB” radio station, Beirut.
- 1986‐1989: Instructor, Lebanese University, Faculty of Information and Documentation, Beirut.
- 1980‐1981: Archives Manager, “Al Safir” newspaper, Beirut.
- M.L.S., Université de Bordeaux III, France (1982).
- B.A., Library and Information Science, Lebanese University, Faculty of Information and Documentation, Beirut (1980).
Presentations and Publications
- “Archiving Lebanese Electoral Materials”,IFPO “Études critiques des archives, manuscripts et inscriptions arabes” Beirut, Lebanon , June 2018
- “The Changing Role/Future of Academic Libraries in the New Scholarly Communication System”,LLA and RSCAO, Innovative libraries: Paths to the Future, May 2017
- “Legal and Ethical aspects of Electronic theses and Dissertations at the Lebanese American University” , ETD2016 “Data and Dissertation” Lille, France, July 2016
- “Implementation of the Lebanese American University Repository (LAUR)” AMICAL Conference, Rome, Italy, May 2016,
- “Workshops on Open Access, Open Educational Resources, Internet in Public Libraries” As-Sabil Public Library, Beirut, Lebanon, July 2014:
- “Resource sharing”, LAU OCLC MENA conference, May 2012, Beirut.
- “Open Educational Resources, LLA & IFLA Asia and Oceania: The changing face of libraries”, April 2012, Beirut.
- “Benefit of Open Access and Open Educational Resources to Faculty”, 8th AMICAL Conference, April 2011, Beirut.
- “Experience of the LAU Serials Dept. with EBSCO Publishing”, 2006 EBSCO Workshop, Beirut.
- “Tools to locate Open Access Material”, 2006 AMICAL Conference, Cairo, Egypt.
- “Open Access”, 2006 EIFL Conference, Beirut.
- “ILL/DDS: LAU experience from 1999‐2005,” 2005 AMICAL Conference, Beirut.
Memberships and offices held
- Editorial Board member of COAR Controlled vocabularies 2017- till now https://www.coar-repositories.org/activities/repository-interoperability/coar-vocabularies/meetings/
- World Health Organization/Eastern Mediterranean Region (WHO/EMRO), Member, 2006‐Present.
- Lebanese Library Association, Board Member, 2006‐2008.
- AMICAL Steering Committee, Member, 2005‐2007.
- Ministry of Culture, “Comité Permanent de la Lecture”, Member, Beirut, 2005‐2009.
- LIDS (Lebanese Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Consortium), Creator and Board Member, 2007‐2008.
- Blog des Bibliothèques Libanaises, Board Member, 2006‐2008
Interests: Open Access,Institutional Repository,Copyright,legal and ethical issues in libraries.
Email: Login to view
- Openness in teaching and research: Archiving Lebanese parliamentary election campaign materials
- The battleground: How is OA changing our work? How can we advocate and foster OA?
- Implementation of institutional repositories: LAU experience (LAUR)