American University in Bulgaria
I am a newly appointed library director overseeing the operational, managerial and strategic functions of Panitza Library. Apart from the vast experience in almost all academic library spheres, I actively participate in numerous institutional committees – Collection development, E-resources, Academic affairs, Green campus, Conduct Council.
Since Fall 2015 I’m serving as the Chair of AMICAL’s Coordinating Committee. It has always astonished me how productively we collaborate: mapping our priorities, sharing ideas and engaging in projects, no matter where we are coming from. AMICAL is that unique organization among our institutions that helps a little extra to achieve our goals, inspirations and growth. That kind of growth, which may be irrelevant to some, but very significant to others. Small institutions (like mine) have the chance to pull up tremendously and validate their presence on the educational scale.
I should not forget to mention the amazing spirit, which we have when we get together during conferences or other events! :-)
Interests: Strategic planning, library administration, leadership, learning experiences, technology trends in education, library impact assessment, digital humanities, library cooperation, institutional research
- Representative (American University in Bulgaria)
- AMICAL 2019 · Mar 29, 2019 – Apr 1, 2018
- AMICAL 2018 · May 4–7, 2018
- AMICAL 2017 · May 17–20, 2017
- AMICAL 2016 · May 12–14, 2016
- AMICAL 2015 · Apr 27 – May 30, 2015
- AMICAL 2014 · May 14–17, 2014
- AMICAL 2012 · Apr 4–7, 2012
- AMICAL 2010 · Jun 9–12, 2010
- ACT CONSER-SCCTP Cataloging Workshop ·
- AMICAL 2008 · May 25–28, 2008