American University of Paris
As of July 2006, Jorge Sosa is the University Librarian at the American University Library where he has started to play a significant role in the library leadership, as well as in library-campus policy making, information literacy and new campus space planning. In June 2006 Jorge attended the Frye Leadership Institute in Atlanta. In the past Jorge held the position of Library Director of Universidad San Francisco de Quito’s Library; he also played an important role in the creation of two school of library and information science programs in Ecuador. He became interested in libraries in his mid-twenties, when he became head librarian of the Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales, FLACSO Ecuador headquarters.
Interests: Information literacy at freshman level as well as art history junior seminar. Interested in library and learning commons space and technology, library services, contemporary architecture, contemporary art, Spanish contemporary literature, José Ortega y Gasset as a philosopher.
- Representative (American University of Paris)
- AMICAL 2020 · Jan 15, 2020–18, 2019
- AMICAL 2019 · Mar 29 – Apr 1, 2019
- AMICAL 2018 · May 4–7, 2018
- AMICAL 2017 · May 17–20, 2017
- Co-design: Integrating information literacy into your disciplinary course · Mar 31 – Apr 1, 2017
- Assessing and communicating library contributions to institutional priorities · Jan 26–27, 2017
- Evidence-based planning & decision-making in academic libraries · Jan 22–23, 2016
- AMICAL 2015 · Apr 27 – May 30, 2015
- AMICAL 2014 · May 14–17, 2014
- AUP Information Literacy Workshop ·
- AMICAL 2011 · Apr 27, 2011
- AMICAL 2009 · May 21–24, 2009