Associate University Librarian, Research and Academic Collaboration Services
American University of Beirut
I work with students and researchers all the time. I am witnessing a big change in the way researches seek and find information. At my Department, we are trying to adjust our library instruction and research services to meet new needs and trends. We also know that libraries are becoming producers after being keepers of knowledge for a long time. We focus on:
· Maximize the discoverability of our regular and special collections.
· Bring our services to the point of need of our researchers
· Do indexing and help in database production and digitization projects for selected collections
I lately was assigned as the chairperson for the E-Resources Committee and the User Services Advisory Committee at the University Libraries. With colleagues I am working on consolidating efforts from different venues in the UL to provide best quality services and to collectively work on evaluating and promoting our e-resources.In a previous assignment I have chaired the UL Committee responsible for updating the UL Policies and Procedures.
Appointed by IFLA Governing Board as a member of IFLA / Copyright and other Legal Matters (CLM) Advisory Committee 2017-2019.
Interests: Research, Instruction, Scholarly Communication, Open Accsess, Ontology and semantic web, Indexing and metadata, Arabic language
- Representative (American University of Beirut)
- Love triangle: A collaboration between Wikipedia, AUB libraries, and communication skills classes in teaching academic writing
- AMICAL 2019 · Mar 29, 2019 – Apr 1, 2018
- AMICAL 2018 · May 4–7, 2018
- AMICAL 2017 · May 17–20, 2017
- Co-design: Integrating information literacy into your disciplinary course · Mar 31 – Apr 1, 2017
- DHI-B: Digital Humanities Institute – Beirut 2017 · Mar 10–12, 2017
- AMICAL 2016 · May 12–14, 2016
- AMICAL 2015 · Apr 27 – May 30, 2015
- AMICAL 2014 · May 14–17, 2014
- AMICAL-AUB workshop on RDA · May 27–31, 2013
- AMICAL 2012 · Apr 4–7, 2012
- AMICAL 2011 · Apr 27, 2011