The Coordinating Committee is charged with financial and operational oversight, approving policies and directions for the consortium’s activities.
The guiding principles for this work come from AMICAL’s mission, long-term goals that the Coordinating Committee or Members Council have identified, and any grant-funded goals, and any other.
The voting officers of the Coordinating Committee consist of four elected members and the consortium's Director.
Standing Committee Chairs and Interest Group Conveners (non-voting)
The chairs of AMICAL's Standing Committees and Interest Group Conveners constitute the non-voting members of the Coordinating Committee.
Committee member responsibilities
Practically speaking, the work of Coordinating Committee members generally includes:
- organization and documentation of periodic meetings, discussions and decisions
- assisting AMICAL staff with the development of policies for grant-supported programs (types and distribution of funding for the annual conference, criteria for vetting applications, etc.)
- reviewing applications for any competitive grant-funded programs
- gathering ideas for, and feedback on, new grant development
- developing or clarifying long-term member-funded goals
- reviewing and acting on applications for membership in the consortium
- reviewing, and deciding on appropriate actions for opportunities and challenges for the consortium (especially at the near-medium term: coming year up to two years out)
- participating in temporary, ad hoc committees relevant to their expertise to accomplish specific short-term projects