Representatives Forum (Apr 2021)
This meeting, organized by AMICAL’s Coordinating Committee, is part of a regular series that provides a forum for Representatives’ to discuss issues related to their role in supporting their institution’s membership and participation in the consortium.
Who should come?
This meeting is intended for the AMICAL Representatives of member institutions (i.e. the Members Council).
Register for the meeting
The registration link will be sent before the meeting to all AMICAL Representatives. If you believe you should have received this email, but have not, contact us.
As a reminder, the role of Representatives is described in AMICAL’s Operational Guidelines:
The Local AMICAL Representative plays a pivotal role in advancing AMICAL’s mission, and promoting the consortium and its spirit of collaboration as a group, by representing the member institution’s stakeholders, be they librarians, technologists, faculty, or administrators.
- Encourage local participation in the consortium’s activities and networks.
- Maintain awareness about AMICAL, and their institution’s AMICAL-related activities, with their chief academic officer and other relevant campus leaders.
- Engage with and facilitate AMICAL-related communications, using AMICAL’s collaboration networks, social media and other channels. Facilitate input from local colleagues to AMICAL, and distribute AMICAL information to appropriate local colleagues.
- Participate in the annual Members Council meeting.
- Submit their member institution’s annual report.
- Keep records of AMICAL activities related to their institution, and make them readily available to their local colleagues and successors as AMICAL Representatives.
- Perform administrative tasks related to their institution’s participation in AMICAL, such as vetting/transmitting applications and requests for technical or financial support (Small Grants, conference/workshop participation, etc.)