Due to a technical issue, this event, which was originally scheduled for September 22, was moved to October 5. You will need to register again for this new date. Apologies for the inconvenience!
The next Information and Digital Literacy Journal Club will be led by Dalal Al-Hakim Rahmeh (American University of Beirut). We will discuss the article “Data literacy for researchers and data librarians” written by Tibor Koltay in 2017. (If you do not have access to this article through Sage, there is a pre-print version available through Google Scholar.)
The paper describes Data Literacy, its importance and connection to Information Literacy, and the possible roles of the academic library.
Here are some of the discussion points:
- What is research data to you?
- How comfortable are you in dealing with different data complexities and formats?
- Experience in initiating data services.
- Data Management practices, challenges, stakeholders.
- Data sharing importance, fears, challenges, and success stories.
- Is the library ready to offer data services?
The platform will be Zoom, which may require installation in advance of the event. Review our online event guidelines to ensure you are set up to participate with a microphone and/or webcam.