The number of AMICAL institutions suspending, or preparing to suspend, face-to-face classes in response to COVID-19 is growing. We’re all struggling to organize the best response we can, learning as we go in navigating this new territory.
Join us Wednesday 18 March, 18:00-19:00, Paris time (see local time) for an AMICAL online forum on the topic of “Continuity of instructional and library activities during COVID-19”. The forum will be broken out into subgroups according to challenge areas, connecting you with peers from across the consortium to discuss strategies that may help you organize your own institution’s response. These parallel discussions will be relatively short, but very focused on finding solutions.
Who should attend?
- Faculty development coordinators, instructional designers/technologists, or others involved in organizing and implementing campus-wide efforts and resources for instructional continuity during COVID-19
- IT directors or staff organizing and implementing aspects of campus responses to COVID-19
- Librarians organizing and implementing aspects of campus responses to COVID-19
- Essential take-aways from the campus situation survey (5 minutes)
- Break-out discussions (40 minutes) – parallel groups according to interests:
- Getting all faculty technically capable to use essential technologies (learning management system, lecture capture, video conferencing…)
- Pedagogical considerations for helping faculty move teaching online
- Library services and roles in academic continuity
- Reporting out (15 minutes)
This event will be conducted using Zoom, which may require installation in advance of the event. Review our online event guidelines to ensure you are setup to participate with a microphone and/or web cam.