Through our current grant, AMICAL is able to offer support to digital projects undertaken by AMICAL faculty and staff.
We are specifically able to support the following kinds of projects:
- Incorporating digital methods and tools in a course assignment, course module, or course-integrated research project.
- Research projects that involve a team of faculty, staff and/or students.
- Curation of local or consortial digital collections in the form of course-embedded digital exhibits.
- An institution- or departmental-level initiative for integrating digital methods and tools in the curriculum.
The support on offer includes the following:
- Online consultation and training by AMICAL’s Mellon Digital Liberal Arts Fellow (Najla Jarkas) and our digital project advisors, a group of colleagues who have agreed to help AMICAL members’ projects in their specific areas of expertise.
- Assistance with applying for further training or funding through our Small Grant program.
- Facilitating connections with other cohort members working on digital collaborations.
To request support for your digital project, arrange for an initial consultation with the Mellon Fellow.
For projects we’re able to support, AMICAL will cover all consultation costs.
To be eligible for all benefits, at least one of the project’s team members must be from a Full or Affiliate member institution. There may be some limits in how members from Network institutions can be supported. (You can see the membership status of all institutions on our members page.) Team members from non-AMICAL institutions are not eligible for support.