AMICAL members have created the following committees in order to better organize ourselves around the goals and objectives of the consortium.
- Coordinating Committee
- Grant Review: The voting members of the Coordinating Committee serve as the review body for the Small Grant program.
- Standing Committees:
Interest Groups aim to create “communities of practice” among AMICAL members in topics of broad interest, across professional roles when possible.
Interest Groups are dynamic, responsive to members’ demonstrated interests, and based on the idea that groups should evolve or give way to new and different groups as member interests change. Their activities support member interests, while aligning with AMICAL’s mission and, where possible, our current grant’s priorities.
The following Interest Groups are currently active:
- Digital Liberal Arts (Convener: Najla Jarkas)
- Faculty Development Centers (Convener: Anguelina Popova). This group aims to provide support to the community of instructional designers, faculty and other staff engaged in professional development in the areas of teaching and learning at in the AMICAL institutions. It serves as a place for the exchange of ideas, resources, and experiences on how to organise the work, activities, and impact of Faculty Development Centers locally, and within AMICAL. This is a closed group limited to directors and staff of faculty development centers. If you wish to join, contact the convener.
- Information Literacy (Convener: Joyce Draiby). This group organizes discussion on the latest information literacy trends across academic libraries, inculding informal meetings to stay in touch and share IL related information, as well as events to showcase work done by AMICAL’s IL librarians.
- Library Technology & Innovation (Convener: Omar Farhoud).
- Library Resources Buyers Group (Convener: Peter Philps). This group consists of advisors from all institutions that are interested in purchasing e-resources as part of the consortium. Its purpose is to advise the E-Resources Committee on negotiation and strategy. This is a closed group limited to group members (advisers). If you wish to join, contact the convener.
- Open Education (Convener: Dalal Rahme)
- Open Scholarship (Conveners Jyldyz Bekbalaeva & Kara Jones)
- Teaching Writing (Convener: Jasmina Najjar). This group brings together faculty, librarians, and technologists to exchange resources (from assignments to course material and examples of good writing), bounce off ideas, discuss/conduct research, and even kick start collaborations.
Joining an interest group will allow you to receive notifications when new topics are posted in their discussion space, including announcements for meetings, events and other activities.