We’re proud to announce that we’ve partnered with SPARC again this year to offer a limited number of complimentary registrations allowing colleagues from AMICAL member institutions to attend the Open Education Conference, taking place online 7–9 November 2023, at no cost. AMICAL members can apply for the complimentary registrations as explained below.
The Open Education Conference (“OpenEd”) is an annual convening for sharing and learning about open educational resources, open pedagogy, and open education initiatives. This dynamic gathering celebrates the core values of open education that strive to realize education ecosystems that are accessible, affordable, equitable and inclusive to everyone, regardless of their background.
You can view the program for a full list of speakers, topics and sessions.
Note that sessions will run 10:00–19:00 US Eastern time. If you’re not able to attend the live sessions, registrants can
- watch the pre-recorded presentations
- get post-event access to session recordings and materials shared by presenters
Apply for a registration waiver by 26 October
If you are interested in Open Education, and believe it would be valuable for your work to attend the Open Education Conference, you may request an AMICAL-facilitated registration waiver, which would allow you to register for the event at no cost to you. (The normal registration fee is $100.)
We ask that applicants review the program and commit to both attending and sharing about your conference experience with other AMICAL members. That sharing will be organized by AMICAL and may include things like:
- Sharing on AMICAL Connect a particularly interesting or useful take-away from this event
- Responding to future requests from AMICAL for simple evaluative feedback on Open Ed 2023 and this waiver initiative
- Participating in a later event for discussing Open Education topics among AMICAL members
Because of the small number of registration waivers available, AMICAL can only issue a small number of waivers per institution, which we’ll prioritize as follows:
- We will give first priority to applicants who have been named by their AMICAL Representative as the ‘priority applicant’ for their institution, as most likely to have substantive impact on OER and Open Educational Practices at their institution. You may therefore wish to reach out to your AMICAL Representative to let them know you’re applying.
- After that, we’ll prioritize the remaining applications according to the order they were received, while distributing them evenly across interested institutions (1 per institution, then 2 per institution, etc.)
👉 Apply for an AMICAL registration waiver for Open Ed 2023
The deadline for applying is Thursday evening, 26 October.
AMICAL will confirm if we are able to issue you a registration waiver by Monday, 30 October. Otherwise we will send you instructions for registering at your own expense.