Major programs, and some recent initiatives under development, are listed below. Programs without links below will have information posted in the coming months. Contact us with questions about any of these activities.
AMICAL Professional Development
Grants to support individual staff and faculty members for:
- Professional Development — making strategic use of external opportunities/expertise for the development of leadership in libraries and learning technologies
- Emerging Technologies and Practice — innovations in local library and learning technology services
- Digital Initiatives — projects in digital humanities scholarship or digital collection building
- RESPOND (Membership in the OCLC cooperative & access to core WorldCat-based library services)
- Group pricing on other OCLC services
Institutional Research & Assessment
- Cooperative participation in ECAR (EDUCAUSE) and other surveys related to technology use and information literacy
- Coordinated studies of library user communities at member institutions, using ethnographic methods, surveys, etc.
- Collection and sharing of institutional research data for benchmarking
- Group pricing on library databases and technology services
- Surveys, focus groups and other studies of information literacy instruction at member institutions
- AMICAL is currently developing guidelines and professional development resources to support the development of digital collections supporting local teaching and learning activities.
- In the context of our digital initiatives, we also maintain a list of members’ digital collections.