Mortenson Center Summer Associates Program: May 30 – June 25, 2013
September 24, 2012 by jgima
The Mortenson Center's programs (see announcement linked below) are a great professional development opportunity for mid-career librarians that are either newly-appointed directors or moving into roles of increasing managerial responsibility. Many AMICAL librarians have benefited from the Mortenson Center in the past, and AMICAL members are encouraged to consider applying or to help identify appropriate colleagues to encourage to apply. The deadline for applications is 1 December 2012.
AMICAL Small Grant awards are well-suited to supporting this type of activity. AMICAL members are encouraged to apply for Small Grant funding before their application to the Mortenson Center program, since Mortenson applicants must demonstrate that they have already secured adequate funding for participation (this is a correction to earlier information sent out on AMICAList).
See the Mortenson Center site for more information:
Mortenson Center 2013 Summer Associates Program
2013 Program Highlights
- Seminars and workshops which provide an overview of current trends in the field. Library experts will be invited to share their perspectives, offer expertise, and foster conversations on the themes of communication and leadership.
- Tours to a variety of libraries, including academic, public, and school libraries. We may also visit the American Library association headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, and other sites of interest.
- Small group projects will allow Mortenson Associates to engage in program content and explore topics with greater depth.
- Networking with dynamic group of international colleagues.
- Each participant will receive a Certificate of Program Participation upon completion.
- Scheduling to allow participants to attend the Annual Meeting of the American Library Association (ALA), if they wish. (Arrangements and registration for the conference must be made separately and are not included in program costs.)